Advice needed on cut slipper orchids in Singapore

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silence882

Horse whisperer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

This is a bit of an odd request, but I recently got some questions from someone in Singapore and am at a loss for what advice to provide.

Here are the questions:
  • Kindly advise as to which type of slipper orchids suitable as cut flower in a test tube structure arrangement for an exhibition that last 10 days.
  • Which are the ones that has a big head and a stem that is at least more than 150mm long?
  • Do they require flower food?

It sounds to me like standard complex paphs fit the bill quite nicely, but I don't know where to send them. I dunno if cut flowers move across borders easily in SE Asia.

Anyone have any idea of who I can refer them to in Singapore/SE Asia who might be able to help them?

Thanks,
--Stephen

I only have this advice more than half of paph species is close to extinct due to habitat loss and over harvesting please don't go pulling up plants for the flowers

Best is Maudiae Type,easily available,lasts as cut flower and is cheap compared to complex types...
Best is to buy in Taiwan and send to Singapore,companies that do this are experienced about documents and shipments of both cut flower and plants and easy and cheaper doing documents.

No need food for the 10 days of show,but a spray of antitraspirant will help protect the flowers from environmental damages...

Latest posts

Back