A Shocker, P Michael Koopowitz 'Golen Thread' AM, CCM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome! That's the nicest blooming of this that I've seen. Wow and congratulations! You can correct the clonal name spelling when the bill comes in from the AOS....or, you could just e-mail the correct information to the judging chairman, anytime.

Congratulations Rick. Thats just a fantastic plant which has got the just rewards for your efforts.

Superb:clap::clap:

Gary
UK

Great plant! Congratulations. Might want to watch putting a clonal name on prior to awards, though. One of the idiot judges (older, longtime judge, very experienced) at our local center refused to judge a plant I sent down based on that. She said that, since it had a clonal name it must have been previously awarded [even though there was no record of it], and she said they couldn't possibly consider it until they knew what the previous award was.

A judge.

An experienced judge.

An idiot.

One of many.

Just *one* reason I have a very negative opinion of the judging system.

I wish. :)

So can you confirm that your plant got 2 awards? An AM award for the flower quality and also a cultural award.
Confirmed David, AM for the flowers and CCM for the culture. The wierd thing about it, I wasn't in the mind set of a cultural award. I just wanted to grow the plant up bigger to see if I could get more flowers per spike! On top of that, I was a bit disappointed in the blooming because the actual plant has 3 more mature growths that I expected spikes from and didn't. When I picked the plants up from Don's I did notice a brand new spike emerging out of one of those growths :crazy: crazy plant!
David

Great plant! Congratulations. Might want to watch putting a clonal name on prior to awards, though. One of the idiot judges (older, longtime judge, very experienced) at our local center refused to judge a plant I sent down based on that. She said that, since it had a clonal name it must have been previously awarded [even though there was no record of it], and she said they couldn't possibly consider it until they knew what the previous award was.

A judge.

An experienced judge.

An idiot.

One of many.

Just *one* reason I have a very negative opinion of the judging system.

I could be and have been at times negative towards the judging system but now at 56 years old.....life is too short for me to get all worked up over other peoples crazy ideas. I just bring the same plant back on the next blooming and I usually get what I want:). As for clonal names, I have always had clonals on my plants otherwise I would forget what the hell that really cool name was I came up with a week before!:rollhappy: This is probably the first time I've had the judges pull my tag out of the pot and read the darn thing! Every other time they have ask me what do I want to call it or they call me up if I'm not present. As an example of my forgetfullness, in the past when I posted this plant here on ST I alsways called it 'Blondie' that's not what I had on the tag!!:rollhappy::rollhappy: I guess I won't forget 'Golden Threads' namw now:eek:........Bottom line to this story and for future ones, this was a group effort. If not for this Fourm I wouldn't be showing awarded plants. THANKS

Latest posts

Back