A Shocker, P Michael Koopowitz 'Golen Thread' AM, CCM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PS. David. I have the papers to prove the awards (all three). I forgot the mention that part.
Looking back at the whole plant picture I should also point out...No flower stakes folks! The three spikes are held up with Calcium boost! There is a lot of merit to what Rick in Tennessee has been preaching to us about.

Reading from the awards form; 9 flowers and two buds.
Horiz Vert
Nat Sp 8.0cm 43.0cm
DS 2.4 2.8
Pet 1.0 36.0
Syn S 2.7 4.6
Pouch 2.1 4.9
Flowers show philly sepals and sanderianum petals

CCM
73cm plant in a 15X18 aircone pot!(6 inch pot)

PS. David. I have the papers to prove the awards (all three). I forgot the mention that part.

I believe you Rick. :) I got a bit confused by Rick's early comment that it should have also got a flower award which I did think it had already got. Plus the focus has been primarily on the cultural award. The flower itself is fantastic so fully deserved of the AM award.

David

An amazing plant, great growing & blooming. I agree with all the previous comments, which I've been reading through. I feel for Tenman. If I'd had to deal with an idiot like the woman in question, I might have lied and said *I* had given it the clonal name. On that note, I *am* a proponent of giving plants clonal names.

Wow, this lovely grown plant bears phantastic flowers - altogether a feast for the eyes !!
Congratiolations Rick to grow and flower this beauty and needless to say also to get these awards.

Thanks Rudolf and all for your kind thoughts! Some of you may recall the story I've told about the friend that passed away in 06', this is one of the plants that he never got to see bloom.

I keep coming back to admire these photos. Well done!

Tenman: Yikes! Man, that's gotta be frustrating. 'Makes you wonder if this woman ever had her brain turned on during her 7 years of judging training! A rank beginner learns that a plant can have a clonal name without being awarded. Sheeshe!

I like to give clonal names to plants with very good quality flowers. Otherwise, if the quality is unknown, or it's just average....and I'm dividing it, I'll give a plant a clonal number. I use 'month, day, year, hours, minutes and seconds'. For example; if I was dividing a plant this morning at....say, 10:42:37 a.m. the clonal number I'd use is '112611104237'. That unique combination of numbers will occurre only twice, both in the same day (a.m. and p.m.) and never again. So realistically, there's no chance of me repeating the clonal number on a different plant of the same species or hybrid ever again.

Thank you Gilda and all! I have really enjoyed this blooming. Even though it had 3 mature growths last year it didn't bloom. I guess it was waiting for this award winning display!

Latest posts

Back