2011 Montreal OrchidExpo

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYEric

Reaction score
Please forgive any typos, but the cat has taken control of my lap so the keyboard is down on my knees. :(

I traveled to Montreal, Canada yesterday and home, 750+/- miles round trip, to work and enjoy the show, hosted by the Orchidphiles de Montreal Society. They are really great hosts and plus I really enjoy staying the Latin Quarter of Montreal. So many pretty ladies! Next time I wont go for just one day! I saw Shiva and Denis and a couple of other STF lurkers there. Glen Decker, Piping Rock Orchids, Jason Fischer, Orchids Ltd., Sam Tsui, Orchid Inn Ltd., & Joe Kunisch, Bloomfield Orchids, Ecuagenera, and J&L were among the vendors. There were a couple of vendors from Asia, and some interesting paph hybrids from the Canadian vendors. Since I could not stay for plant inspection at the end of the show I did not buy any plants to bring home! (I know, dont faint.) :p Anyway here are some of the photos I took:
P4091676.jpg

P4091679.jpg

Best Paph ANgela I've ever seen, 5 flowers identical to this!!
P4091670.jpg

P4091652.jpg

P4091648.jpg

P4091614.jpg

P4091613.jpg

REally GIANT bloom!
P4091595.jpg

P4091593.jpg

P4091592.jpg

P4091589.jpg

P4091591.jpg

P4091690.jpg

P4091684.jpg

Because they are the Botanical Garden I dont think they are judges fairly but this display has some of the best specimen plants I've seen!
P4091645.jpg

P4091637.jpg

P4091599.jpg

Thanks for the pictures! I'd love to go to that show in the future :)

Angela is really pretty!

Wow, Eric, a trip like that is real dedication! Thanks for the great photos.

LOL, don't you love cats! My little guy loves to stand on my lap while I'm in my wheelchair, and rides aroung the house with me. Like all day.

Very cool! Thanks for posting! I've only seen displays from the gardens twice, but both times were spectacular! What do you mean that they may have been given more recognition if put in another display? Looks like a fair number of ribbons on that table. Do you mean the AOS judges overlooked them?

I think, hopefully subconsciously, even though the presenter is hidden, the plants and display are recognizable so that judges go, "Oh these are Botanical Garden plants they should be big full specimens!" If the plants were in a amateur display they would get nods as best in show. IMO

Oh, okay. Was there a 'best specimen' category? Who/what won?

The Montreal Botanical Garden with a Den. thyrsiflorum. Eric, the MBG always win AOS awards at nearly every monthly judging, whch are held at the MBG.

Back