2 forms of Paph callosum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could someone help me understand "sublaevis = glossy underneath" but which part they are referring to??. the pouch?

Could someone help me understand "sublaevis = glossy underneath" but which part they are referring to??. the pouch?

I'm not a Latin scholar, nor have I read the original description of Cypripedium callosum var. sublaeve. Braem says the description states that warts are only on the upper edge of the petals. I think laeve could be translated as smooth. So perhaps sublaeve describes the lower part of the petals having no warts?

I'm not a Latin scholar, nor have I read the original description of Cypripedium callosum var. sublaeve. Braem says the description states that warts are only on the upper edge of the petals. I think laeve could be translated as smooth. So perhaps sublaeve describes the lower part of the petals having no warts?

Thank you Kirk. Appreciate it. I am still learning to ID the correct sub species and variety of callosum and your explanation helps

Latest posts

Back