Paph Bowl Wow

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
:D Got to be one of the worst outcomes for this cross! Paul Parks X wilhelminae
Third one to bloom, the first was pure woofy, second I kept for re-bloom, this one?? auction table at next meeting.

The best thing it clumps but who wants a big clump of woofy?

IMG_9133_zpsu560vkg5.jpg

IMG_9134_zpsrsqi2x4d.jpg

I like it lol.. very surprised at the outcome, can you post a picture of the one you kept

like Eric, I say not that bad.

For one, I like the colors a lot.
The dorsal might be a bit too long and skinny and the petal stand might be bothering you, too?

Someone else will gladly take it off your hand, I'm sure.

Maybe I should be ashamed, but I like these flowers. The color is pretty dark, petals are lengthy, and I like the dark ribbons appearance. The lip is great, I love the adductum influence. It would be nice if there were more than 2 flowers given the age/size of the plant, though.

I've got one of these that produced a bunch of deformed flowers last year, but overall, I think if it manages to bloom without deformities next time, it will look pretty similar to your plant. And if it does, I'd be quite happy!

No need to be ashamed. ;)

Some people are all about awards, and then others are not much so and they all have their own preferences, which is great because more people are happy with their plants this way. :)

There's just something about this combination of parents that doesn't line up. I've never seen a "good" one from this cross, which is surprising, considering wilhelminae genetics have worked well in other long-petal hybrids. I think the problem here may be that all three of the parents had narrow dorsals. Perhaps the Paul Parks parent was made with a real adductum.

An easy to bloom and grow multi! Puts it ahead of the roth hybrids I've been growing for 15 years!

What is it?

I know someone whose St. Swithin took twenty years to flower for the first time! He got his seedling cheap way back, then it grew slowly, then it flowered with four or five flowers in 2014.
Since then, it flowered regularly.
The plant is in bloom again now.

So, maybe wait five more years. hahaha
I would never keep non blooming plant for that long. :p

Gotcha beat! I've been growing a Paph. primcolor for 15
years and it's now got one small bloom and another bud.
Have a conestoga longer than that and still no damn bloom. Both grow and clump like crazy and look healthy.
Go figure.

This clone is crap, sorry all. Firehawk has a nice one. Edit: Now parentage comes into question with Firehawk's plant and I can see why.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back