Paphiopedilum appletonianum in situ (no flower)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cxcanh

Reaction score
It is a pity that I could not manage to come earlier to see it blooming (it just blooming around 1-2 weeks ago)

1Chup%20Dt.jpg

1CXC_4107.jpg

1CXC_4110.jpg

1CXC_4112.jpg

1CXC_4070.jpg

1CXC_4104.jpg

Habitat:

1CXC_4114.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to post these photos. Many of the paphs I grow do OK, but to be honest, I just put them into Orchiata, set them on a shelf in the greenhouse and water them when I can. Your photos help me understand a lot about the light, drainage and medium that these plants naturally prefer. I can read about the culture, but the photos are truly worth a thousand words. Mike

Thank you for sharing this! It is too bad that you missed the flowering, but for us who can't easily see their native habitat, it is great to see how they grow in nature! It's interesting that almost all of them are single growth. So I'm guessing that the older growths dies back before the new growth matures.

The forest looks fairly young forest, is it the secondary growth forest after human disturbance?

Thank you for sharing this! It is too bad that you missed the flowering, but for us who can't easily see their native habitat, it is great to see how they grow in nature! It's interesting that almost all of them are single growth. So I'm guessing that the older growths dies back before the new growth matures....
I was wondering about that also.

Beautiful leaves, for sure!

It has been said but I will again,

'Thank you for posting those great pics'

A plant does not need to be in bloom to be appreciated (but it certainly doesnt hurt).

It's always nice to be reminded of where our hobby comes from and the importance of orchid, and for that matter, all native species conservation.

Thanks again for posting!

What a treat for a member to be on location as it were.
Thank you!
And please share as much geo, climate, soil, etc. info you can!
Cheers
Jake

Latest posts

Back