Eastern Cordillera schlimii "Dumbo".

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eteson

Phragmad
Reaction score
Probably this plant is the last one from a very small population.

They were growing in the roadside in a very small population of less than ten plants. The mainteinance works destroyed all them with a lawn mower. This plant was rescued by a friend and sent to me few months ago and it is growing very fine by now. It is a very vigorous plant and the flowers are very interesting with almost white petals. The flower is bigger than a regular schlimii and it branches!
We made a self to see if we can restore some plants to the original site in the future.

7688eeac93d7f01ff7700c13f5700f8f.jpg

with a lawn mower !!!
Only in a country of orchid plenty would someone think of these lovely flowers as weeds and mow them down

Well done.

I have the same problem up my way.

Populations of little and big yellow lady slippers are at the mercy of over zealous hydro crews.

Thankfully, many plant still thrive amongst a nearby patch of poison ivey...I guess the workers are afraid of plants that can fight back!

Good for you! It's a lovely flower and well worth saving.
This kind of mowing and using herbicides when the crews
don't even know what's there drives me crazy. It happens
here as well.

Yes, well done. Even if the plants were mowed wouldn't they still grow back from the stump/ cut stalk?

Latest posts

Back