Stanhopea Suprise

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
I got a flask of Stan. tigrina HagsatorXself from Troy Meyers in 11/2010. One of them tried to bloom through the bench unsuccessfully last year, so this if the first successful blooming from this flask for me. So was pretty shocked to see these white flowers with no "tiger" to them.

Love it. Here is one that I have which is supposedly tigrina semi alba

I got a flask of Stan. tigrina HagsatorXself from Troy Meyers in 11/2010. One of them tried to bloom through the bench unsuccessfully last year, so this if the first successful blooming from this flask for me. So was pretty shocked to see these white flowers with no "tiger" to them.

I love Stans! Beautiful--not sure I've ever seen an album form of a colored species before.

David

If its an alba form, then it presumably will be worth a lot more than you paid for it..!

I bought the flask for about $30 and have probably given away 1/2 the seedlings as Christmas gifts at our society functions over the last few years.

I still have about 4 from this flask, but this is the first to successfully bloom.

I've called in to Troy and he hasn't received any notifications one way or the other from anyone else blooming plants from this breeding, so this is kind of exciting.

I wasn't really thinking of the commercial angle, since if it were mine I wouldn't dream of selling it. I was trying to cheer Rick up, by pointing out there was no need to feel remotely disappointed. This is a special plant, that's all I was trying to convey.

I wasn't really thinking of the commercial angle, since if it were mine I wouldn't dream of selling it. I was trying to cheer Rick up, by pointing out there was no need to feel remotely disappointed. This is a special plant, that's all I was trying to convey.

Thanks Achamore.:wink:

I'm pretty enthused about how special this plant is. I selfed the flowers to hopefully make some more and spread the joy.:D

Thanks Achamore.:wink:

I'm pretty enthused about how special this plant is. I selfed the flowers to hopefully make some more and spread the joy.:D

Let us know if you send the seed off to Troy Meyers!! I know I'd love to have an album tigrina...

David

Back