St Swithin

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gego

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not very strong in color but I like the mix of phil and roth in all parts of the flower. Bold clear lines and petals held up high. I will keep it for the next flower. 13.5" petal span, 2" ds.

That is one of the better St Swithin's I have seen. The petal stance is outstanding. You don't see many clones of St Swithin with petals so horizontal. I certainly wouldn't be getting rid of it.

That is one of the better St Swithin's I have seen. The petal stance is outstanding. You don't see many clones of St Swithin with petals so horizontal. I certainly wouldn't be getting rid of it.

That's what I see too. And the lines are so symmetrical and clean. The bloom is coming from the smaller plant behind the big one in front so I may even get more flowers on the second bloom and may even be bigger in size. I noticed that the last two flowers at the top are bigger/wider than the others, specially the top most. Is this a roth trait? Or a typical multi characteristic? The color on the petals are actually reddish and the pouch and sepals are yellowish but my phone could not capture the colors well.
Thanks.

Interesting. I usually think of Roebelenii giving long petal length, and less horizontal stance.

The stance and stripes are from the roth, the twist and the length from the phil. Both traits are well represented here. The top most flower is even bigger, petals longer about 14" now. Don't know why, usually they are the smallest. DS is rounder too.

Back