Paph Gary Romagna

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
Really happy with this first flowering seedling. I think it has some potential. Flowers are a bit crowded but the plant is small and hopefully should present better on a larger plant. Love the horizontal petals in particular. The petals are more horizontal than any of my roths.

Paph Gary Romagna (St Swithin x rothschildianum)

Wonderful photograph, David!
Looks like a nice yellow rothschildianum... Not a bad start for a first flowering seedling!

Really nice. roth stance with SS colouration. Where did it come from?

Yes, it does look very much like a St Swithin with the roth stance. It is what you hope for with these roth primaries crossed back to roth, but you hardly ever see. I got lucky.

I won this plant on eBay. The seller was that Victorian grower - cdhgh. The plant originally came from Castle Creek Nursery. I don't know the parents involved although he said there were a few other plants of the cross that had St Swithin 'Sunnybank' FCC/AOC as the parent. If this was the parent then that would increase the chance of obtaining a horizontal petal stance.

Thank-you. Its a very nice flower. 'Sunnybank' as a parent makes sense.

Yes, you can see similarities.

Not sure if this is Australian breeding or Taiwanese. I've noticed from flask lists that St Swithin 'Sunnybank' is used a bit in Taiwanese breeding. So they must have imported it at one time.

Excellent outcome David. Looks like a yellow roth with a philie pouch!

PS. Welcome back from your long trip/job!

Back