Catasetum Dagny sib variations

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamD

Catasetinae Crazed
Reaction score
This will be an ongoing thread. The first ctsms of the year are blooming! This is the first one that ever bloomed for me (and for the cross as far as I know). Also the only one I have that bloomed last year. The rest are a mystery still! With how much variation I've seen on the cross in pictures on the web, I feel I'll have an assorted bunch of beauties! With six of this cross in spike, most with two spikes, I just felt I should chronicle this.

Catasetum Dagny (pileatum v. imperiale 'SVO Blood Red' x Brent's Black Hawk 'SVO'). Named after my better half

I would expect nothing less with that parentage and it can only get better!

Updates

Whew! Its been a long time in the making but I do have updates! All of these are first bloomers. I have one more opening now and another that has yet to spike (but the damn thing is two feet tall!).

The first flower (my previous post) has a clonal name now- 'Moonchild'

The second flower- 'Rockbiter' This is the only plant I have a division of, which also has 3 spikes starting

The third - 'Bastian' The spike was broken due to a tumble before the flowers fully opened, resulting in poor form. Better luck next time

The fourth - 'Artax' Has the strongest back bulbs and a 3rd spike starting as well

More to come!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. Fragrant?

They all share a mild wintergreen fragrance, but you have to get all up in their business to smell it. The bad part about that is avoiding getting pollen shot at your nose... Like an offended flower slapping you in the face!:p

Ok, last one for a while. This is my favorite flower so far, but my favorite plant has to be the first one, for the sentimental value. The clonal name is 'Fantachia.' It's almost perfect!

Latest posts

Back