Ruby Leopard x Shin-Yi Heart

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trithor

Chico (..... the clown)
Reaction score
I am not sure if it has been named, as I have no access to a registration data base and have it labelled as Ruby Leopard x Shin-yi Heart.:eek:
Good shape and fair size (Dorsal =9.2cm and NS 15cm)

No registration for this cross. Is it fully open? Quite nice if that dorsal would stand up a bit more.

Can't anyone with internet access use the International Orchid Register search?

Sorry, my photography is not doing the flower justice. It looks much better in reality than in the pictures. (I need to sort out my photographic setup, balancing the camera on a pyramid of pots, aimed at a plant which is also balanced on another stack of pots, does not make for much angle flexibility! Not that my joints are very flexible either, so some days doing the reverse cha-cha in the greenhouse is more do-able than on others :eek:)
The dorsal although not fully erect, is not overly hooded, ....

Nice one Gary but the petals are too small for the rest of the flower for me.

PS. buy a tripod

I think it is the dorsal which is disproportionately large, rather than the petals being small. I have another 30 or so seedlings of the same cross coming into bloom, it will be interesting to see what they look like. I know that the majority of ST members don't like Maudiae crosses, but for me they add great colour when the greenhouse is dull and little else in bloom. Then the added advantages of attractive foliage and blooms which seem to last forever!

'Buy a tripod', you say!:eek:
This is Africa! The only tripods we buy, are to hang a big cast iron pot over the fire (pots normally used to cook missionaries!)

I think it is the dorsal which is disproportionately large, rather than the petals being small. I have another 30 or so seedlings of the same cross coming into bloom, it will be interesting to see what they look like. I know that the majority of ST members don't like Maudiae crosses, but for me they add great colour when the greenhouse is dull and little else in bloom. Then the added advantages of attractive foliage and blooms which seem to last forever!

'Buy a tripod', you say!:eek:
This is Africa! The only tripods we buy, are to hang a big cast iron pot over the fire (pots normally used to cook missionaries!)

I like Maudiaes!

Not so fond of stewed missionary......

Latest posts

Back