Falsely modest craggy South African

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trithor

Chico (..... the clown)
Reaction score
Well our local orchid show is underway, and judging over. It would appear that I do have more multis than I first divulged. The 'Falsely modest Craggy South African' took Grand Champion, (for a multi) and 1st, 2nd and 3rd places for multis as well. Will post a couple of pics on Sunday.:eek:

Well done Gary. Congratulations. And you told me you had nothing to enter. Honestly, I don't believe a word you say. :poke:

Just about to head off and see the results of our show. Not much from me this year but from what I saw last night the show looks a real good one.

Thank you all, I should have taken pictures when I went to check the results and look at the show, but will do so when I go and collect my plants on Sunday.
David, most of the plants which I was hoping to enter for consideration at the show are still not open. I find it very difficult to judge how long it takes for them to open and mature to full shape and size. Fortunately the judges liked the few that I did bring through. Every morning I walk around my greenhouse with a coffee and look at the buds to see if any have opened, but it has become a bit like watching a kettle boil.:(

beer1k.gif

Well I am back home with my plants, and very proud of my achievements,
Grand Champion, 7 Best in class, 13 1sts, a few 2nds and one 3rd.
Best of all was GC, Best in class, 1st, 2nd and 3rd for multi paph class (David, yes I guess that means I do have a few multis :eek:, that or there were no other plants on show)
Below is a pic at my potting bench at home with a few of the plants. I did enter 31 (mostly flowering shadecloth)
Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Fantastic Gary. You would definitely have won champion Paph at our show this weekend and possibly even Champion orchid (and ours was a fantastic show this year).

OK, now that's what I'm talk'in about! I missed this update when I asked the question "How did you do" in your other threads!
Now you can make youself a hula skirt!

Latest posts

Back