Paphiopedilum Moquettianum 'Pine Knot' X Self

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Ghosthunt64

Got this in spike at Carter and Holmes this past Friday. It's a Paphiopedilum Moquettianum 'Pine Knot' X Self. Here are some photos:

The plant itself:
IMlrkl.jpg

Flower after 1 night:
73Lofl.jpg

2 nights:
6VBy6l.jpg

3 nights:
BabzEl.jpg

4 nights:
uuNpPl.jpg

Today:
AXVC8l.jpg

Back, showing growth tip:
ak8L2l.jpg

and, finally, down the pouch. (Don't see this much).:
MYQFll.jpg

Hopefully, the next bloom will be flatter.

Would it be considered spam to post an update when the next flower opens, or there's another fan? And speaking of which...

mBQMIl.jpg

Flower #2. I let this one mature before now, probably 2-3 weeks old.

WvZril.jpg

The new fan is starting to, probably 0.5 cm tall.

Would it be considered spam to post an update when the next flower opens, or there's another fan?

Nope. This is not considered spam. We love to see photo updates. So, post away. Thanks!:clap:

It's a nice moquetteanum!:drool:

BTW: Would you mind updating your profile so that your general location is shown on the upper right corner of your posts, please. It helps to put comments and information into context to know roughly where someone is located. Thanks!

BTW: Would you mind updating your profile so that your general location is shown on the upper right corner of your posts, please. It helps to put comments and information into context to know roughly where someone is located. Thanks!

Okay, did. I live close enough to make Carter & Holmes a day trip.

Meanwhile, interesting note: this flower is a little lopsided. On the short side, there is a horn on the back of the pouch. The horn is on the side the bud was resting on the previous flower. The other side got more sun. Just liked that set of coincidences. And I thought the 2nd flower was supposed to be better!

That's right; first flower on the second blooming is thought to be better than anything from the first blooming.

Thanks for updating your profile. Man! I've love to be close enough to C&H to do day trips!

Flower #3

This was actually a couple weeks ago, Then school started. Meanwhile, the new growth has taken off like a weed. It's grown a lot since then, and it now producing a third leaf.

07kcXl.jpg

wEhpul.jpg

You are having such fun with this! It's fun to reexperience the early collector exuberance! I love cochlopetalums in general. Good purchase!

Latest posts

Back