Latest trip, a few Bulbo's and some other sp.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Marc

Last thursday I was on the road again and had the oppurtunity to see some very nice and rare species. Unfortunately it was a very overcoast and rainy day so I wasn't able to take as much pictures as I wanted because of the poor lighting. Still there are some shots that I want to share with you.

Trichoglottis tinekeae, named after Tineke Mulder-Roelfsema a Dutch Orchid enthousiast and also writer of the book Orchid Travel by Air.
Trichoglottis-tinekeae.jpg

Bulbophyllum ascochilum
Bulbophyllum-ascochilum.jpg

Bulbophyllum dearei, I found this one very striking because it has a nice moving lip.
Bulbophyllum-dearei.jpg

Bulbophyllum pyroglossum, this was my favourite flower of the trip. A very brightly coloured orange flower with a bright flaming orange hairy lip.
Bulbophyllum-pyroglossum.jpg

Epigenium sp., I can't recall the name of this one but also a very pleassant colour.
Epigenium-sp.jpg

And of course there were a few Paphs to be seen but unfortunately this was the only one in flower. Paph. faerianum.
Paph-faerianum.jpg

So this was the last post by me for this year that contains pictures of my own. I hope to be able to make a lot more of posts like these in the coming year. I hope you enjoyed the show and I wish you all the best for 2012.

Happy orchid growing!!!!!

I've received some enquiries regarind the bulbos in this topic. Espescialy regarding pyroglossum and ascochillum.

All the pictures were taken at the Hortus in Leiden. We had a guided tour there and it was very enjoyable. There is only one downside one is only able to watch and make pictures. They don't sell plants from their collection, I was told by someone else it's actually against international rules as the plants they receive / collect are for research purposes only.

Latest posts

Back