Paph haynaldianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
A bit of a slower grower for me this one. Not clumping much either. I seem to get a spike every 3 years.

David

haynaldianum20113com.jpg

haynaldianum20112com.jpg

haynaldianum2011com.jpg

Allthough a lot of people prefer lowii over this species I apreciate them just as much. I think you've got a nice plant.

Could you give me an estimate of the dimension of the growths? Total span of a mature growth and width of the leaves?

I bought a 3 growth plant recently and I'm still surprised by it's small size and I'm not sure if this is a regular trait for this species.

They can be quite variable Marc. Anywhere from 8-10 inch to twice that and bloom.
Love the details in your PICs David. Especially the pouch. Have you ever had more then three flowers per spike?

Could you give me an estimate of the dimension of the growths? Total span of a mature growth and width of the leaves?

I bought a 3 growth plant recently and I'm still surprised by it's small size and I'm not sure if this is a regular trait for this species.

It is not a big plant. The leaves are 4cm wide and the flowering growth is 45cm across. I'm sure if I can grow a stronger plant the growths will get a little larger.

Have you ever had more then three flowers per spike?

I have only got 3 flowers on a spike so far Rick. But if you look at the third photo, you can see a little stalk at the bottom of the growth next to the spike. That was another flower. It initially put out a deformed flower that barely made it out of the sheath. From there, a normal spike developed. So in that sense it did produce four flowers.

Therefore, I'm confident on a stronger plant I will get 4 flowers. Previously when I have flowered this plant, it has had a very small lead which has subsequently taken 3 years to flower. This time the new growth is much larger. So it should take less time to flower and hopefully reach a larger size. This plant is very slowly getting stronger.

David

it's very nice, i like this species too....david, you have some very colorful paphs that is for sure.

But those blooms a so pretty!!!! I agree for the slow blooming:eek: ! Mine has still to bring up its 2nd blooms after 2 years +!! Jean

very nice, your haynaldianum is everything a haynaldianum should be. As you said, it will improve as the plant gets stronger. Nice

Back