Another ST cooperative breeding

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
Ross (Paphreek) has probably given up on me after this one, but he supplied the pollen for this breeding in 2005. P. primulinum var. purpurescens. I've only managed to save a few of these seedlings over the years, but with the addition of sand and my nutrition changes over the last year, the seedlings I have left really went to town, and finally some flowering. Having this seedling bloom gets me a notch closer to a personal slipper goal of having at least one subgenera bloom from my own seed grown plants. This is my first seed grown cochlopetalum to bloom (having several barbatum and paphiopedilum at this point).

Hope you enjoy it!

Well, isn't that cool! Congrats! Sand, eh? Hmmmm. Maybe I need to look into that; my prim var purp has been rather sluggish in sending up it's new growth...

Well, isn't that cool! Congrats! Sand, eh? Hmmmm. Maybe I need to look into that; my prim var purp has been rather sluggish in sending up it's new growth...

The real big jump was making sure I always have higher Ca than K.

This plant added 3 new growths since early spring after the new feeding regime went in place.

Back