Anyone into randsii hybrids?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
Which is this from a sneak peek??:p
p1030374.jpg

I think Dot it's two fold, availablity and slow/ tough to grow/bloom. I'm talking of randsii itself. Ray Rands commented this was the only species he couldn't keep alive!

That's great, Rick! Beautiful flowers and good growing!

Franz Glanz registered this cross (Woessner-name), and I think I remember having seen one of his at judging. Well, his didn't leave a lasting impression, obviously, and yours is much nicer! Where did yours come from?

That's great, Rick! Beautiful flowers and good growing!

Franz Glanz registered this cross (Woessner-name), and I think I remember having seen one of his at judging. Well, his didn't leave a lasting impression, obviously, and yours is much nicer! Where did yours come from?

Carsten, I'm not able to give you a satifing answer to "where did I get it" I bought the plant in bloom from a local "Mom and Pop" orchid firm here in Pasadena, TX. Palmer Orchids owned by Terry and Ray Palmer. Some folks here may know them. Anyway, She brought the plant to the society meeting for the display table. I myself knowing her very well, ask "How much do you want for it?" She replied "I get 55.00 for those" I said "solid" This is one of the slower growing strap leaves I have. It must be the randsii side of the plant. I think I got it in 07 and it has taken 3 years to rebloom.

Latest posts

Back