Paphies starting to spike...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kavanaru

:rollhappy::rollhappy:Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! :rollhappy::rollhappy:
I was watering my plants and suddenly saw those little things coming out... :smitten::smitten:

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! :rollhappy::rollhappy: 3 of my Paph helenae and my Paph hermani are starting to spike... :drool::clap:

as well as my Paph. Karl Ploberger :drool::drool:

:D

well... I have been waiting for quite long for any of my Paph helenae (my favorite Paph!!) to bloom, and now 3 of them are doing it... they are all coming from different vendors, so... let's see :) The 4th plant is var. delicatulum, but I think I need to wait one more year... ;) I am so happy, I had to let it out... and which better place for that than here in ST?

Weird time for the helenaes to spike! :D Congrats! can't wait to see the pictures!!

Weird time for the helenaes to spike! :D Congrats! can't wait to see the pictures!!

Jorch, actually not too weird... most Paph helenae I have seen in bloom were between July and August (plus one in November)... this is also "in agreement" with the information provided in Slipperorchids, where the blooming period is given, based on different sources, from July to October...

Kavanaru, same for me here ! Three helenae are showing a spike. Two comes from different vendors. I am very happy too :)

Where did you managed to get a var. delicatulum ? I could kill for this one :evil:

ok Damas, I will never give you my address... LOL I have the delicatum directly from Franz Glanz...

As promised...

Paph helenae 1 = Pics 1&2 :D:
Paph helenae 2 & 3 = Pics 3 & 4, respectively :D:D
Paph herrmannii = Pics 5 & 6 :D
Paph Karl Ploberger = Pic 7 :D
Paph fairrieanum = Pic 8 :D

Attachments

• Paph helenae 1a.jpg
    Paph helenae 1a.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Paph helenae 1b.jpg
    Paph helenae 1b.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Paph helenae 2.jpg
    Paph helenae 2.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Paph helenae 3.jpg
    Paph helenae 3.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Paph herrmannii 1a.jpg
    Paph herrmannii 1a.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Paph herrmannii 1b.jpg
    Paph herrmannii 1b.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Paph Karl Ploberger.jpg
    Paph Karl Ploberger.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Paph fairrieanum.jpg
    Paph fairrieanum.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 25
and yes, I said "little little things" LOL

Paph fairrieanum is the bonus picture... all of them are first time bloomer.... ;)

Looks really good and I hope you will post the pics when they are all open.
Enjoy the day.

Latest posts

Back