Phrag Schroderae 'Garney Fielder' HCC

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
I must say I believe the first Schroderae I posted a few weeks ago is better clone then this. I did take a comparison photo.
P1010582.jpg

closeup
P1010583.jpg

Comparison shot: left-the first one right- 'G Fielder'
P1010587.jpg

Just a difference in size?
Actually Dot the two are about the same size. The 'G Fielder' (green dorsal) has a noticably narrower dorsal then the other. Which you can't really tell in this picture. The petals aren't as saturated in pink either which is probably do to the stronger green background this plant has.

Actually Dot the two are about the same size. The 'G Fielder' (green dorsal) has a noticably narrower dorsal then the other. Which you can't really tell in this picture. The petals aren't as saturated in pink either which is probably do to the stronger green background this plant has.
Ah -- Ok. I can see that. Have you noticed that temperature has anything to do with the color?

Ah -- Ok. I can see that. Have you noticed that temperature has anything to do with the color?
That could be a factor. It's tough to know for sure in this case. The two bloomed fairly close (in time) together and our temps here have been constant. If it where summer vs. winter I would say "for sure"

That could be a factor. It's tough to know for sure in this case. The two bloomed fairly close (in time) together and our temps here have been constant. If it where summer vs. winter I would say "for sure"
I wondered because although I'm growing my Phrags in my warm basement greenhouse, when I bring them up into my more intermediate sunroom, the reds and pinks seem to be more intense, when the buds form and open in the sunroom.

Latest posts

Back