I can't believe it's really happening!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I grew under 9,000 watts of HID lights in my basement, I covered the walls with 1/2" chicken wire from floor to ceiling and had hundreds of mounted plants! I watered with a regular garden hose. 'You doing that yet, Eric? :poke:

9000 watts, hmmmmmmmm. :evil:
No, even though I have plastic under the trays of flowing water I still use an old 1 qt. watering can! :)

No, even though I have plastic under the trays of flowing water I still use an old 1 qt. watering can! :)

OMG! You are dedicated! My basement has rock and mortar walls and a cement floor. I was able to splash everywhere without concern. The mounts and potted plants just drained onto the floor and the water seeped out under the door to a drain in the bottom of the stairwell just outside. Ah, heck! Just get yourself a garden hose and go crazy! Your neighbours below you won't mind, I'm sure!:rollhappy:

Fans are hooked up and attached to a variable-speed control, and rods are in place for hanging plants. All my plants are now moved in. All I have to do is finish organizing my work space and photo corner -- and cleaning up all the trays and clearing out the stands from my former growing areas.

Thanks for your interest -- it has been quite an enlightening experience for me!

I love my greenhouse!!!

G_From-S.jpg

G_From-N.jpg

I'm happy for you Dot. The g/h looks fantastic as do the plants inside. And you even got lots of empty space to fill. Well planned and well done. I'm sure there's a lot of envious people out there, me included. :clap::clap::clap:

Thanks for the update photos, I'd been wondering how things were coming along. It certainly does look awesome! :clap:

That looks great with a lot of space left to walk and work around, all plants pretty clean :drool: !!!! Bravo and have lots of fun!!!! Jean

Hi Dot,
That is an awesome G/H you have there. Do you have double glazed glass for the canopy and side walls??? And what type of heating do you use??? I am very curiuos as no one I know in our mediteranian temperate climate has gone to such a great deal of work to please our beloved orchids.

Dot, I love your greenhouse! It is one of the most beautyfull greenhouses I've ever seen! Congrats! Enjoy it! I'm happy with you!

Back