The growing areas MEGATHREAD!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK. Here are my two areas for plants. First, my sunroom. Temps in the Winter go down to 60ºF at night, and 70+ during the day -- depending on the sun. Humidity is around 45 - 50%. Notice the clay pots sitting in pans of water, with plants hanging on the edges of the pots.

Sunroom_12-08.jpg

And my basement "greenhouse" inside and out. Temp range 65ºF - 75. Humidity is between 65 - 80%.

B_Greenhouse.jpg

B_GreenhouseExterior.jpg

Last edited:
2 great environments Dot , bravo!!!!! A lot of blooms all around!!!! and still a lot of spare space in your sun-room, a whole table and much on the floor :):)! Your basement house is ingenious!! Jean

And my husband complains about me putting paph seedlings in our jacuzzi tub, in the bathroom. Hug your husband!

Well done! Beautiful! LOVE your pot idea!They look to be pretty good size.

..... and still a lot of spare space in your sun-room, a whole table and much on the floor :):)! Jean

and Eric would tell you - don't forget the sofa!

Except for that wasted empty floor space in the basement greenhouse, :poke: very good use of habitat. After looking at that I'm thinking of adding some artificial lighting to my living room.

Jean -- the table is where I do my photos and my orchid orginization/records. It has to stay clear of plants.

Candace, I do -- every day! He has been very supportive. I'm lucky!

Eric, the floor isn't as big as it looks. I have to have room to place my water buckets and to turn around!:D

Thanks, everyone.

Great Dot but I wouldn't expect less from you . You can tell by the way your plants always look so welll tended. I appreciated seeing your grow areas. You must have a special place at the nursery also.

Ray

Back