Paph Iantha Stage

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great PICs. Overall nice flowers as well. The petals bother me just a bit David. They seem narrower then they should be for the overall flower.

Rick, if they were held flat they would be a lot wider. But unfortunately the petals curl behind itself. See the the petal of the top flower pointing towards the camera to see what I'm talking about.

Great!!! Who cares about the minor things it's a stunning bloom. If I had a relably blooming plant of this cross it could easily be one of my Favs.

Great!!! Who cares about the minor things it's a stunning bloom. If I had a relably blooming plant of this cross it could easily be one of my Favs.

Thanks Fren. Harold Koopowitz says in his book that every serious Paph grower should have a good Iantha Stage clone in their collection and I agree with him. The flowers just look like a monstrous sukhakulii and you can get 2 or 3 flowers a spike. What's not to love.

In flower again within the same year. Any Iantha Stage that flowers this easily is a good clone. I still haven't flowered my other specimen size clone.

Wow, great blooms. Sounds like it's a nice clone you have. Does it have a clonial name or do you know the parent's clonial names?

No, it doesn't have a clonal name and I don't know its parents. It is not perfect as discussed early in this thread, but it has nice big bold flowers and unlike many clones from this cross, it actually flowers.

Flowering for the third time within a year and the second time in 3 months. Not a great flowering though. The spike didn't get any length and the flowers are too bunched. The flower quality is poor as well. It actually had a third bud which was developing nicely but then aborted at the last moment. I think it may be all flowered out. Time for a rest I think. Good to know I should get 3 flowers in future though.

cut that spike.

Yup, cut it. It does look tired out and of need for a good rest.

Did that this morning. Let it rest and grow a bit more before the winter.

This plant is going to make a wonderful specimen plant one day. There are new growths popping out everywhere. An amazing amount considering it is not a large plant.

Latest posts

Back