Catasetum expansum (2 more plants)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kavanaru

Two new Ctsm. expansum blooming in my GH...

Catasetum expansum Orange by kavanaru, on Flickr

this one (first time bloom) was labelled as var. alba, but happens to have even more orange than the previous plant, which came labelled as 'Orange' and has never had more orange in the photo shown above..

Catasetum expansum 'Cuarto' by kavanaru, on Flickr
The labellum does not seem to open very well, which could mean that this is actually Ctsm. xsodiroi (on the "near to expansum" side of the variability range of thi snatural hybrid) I need to wait for a second bloom, to see whether this is permanent or just a result of non-optimal culture...

awesome!

Hey do all Catasetum have to lose their leaves? I have my Mo. Painted Desert x Ctsm. fimbriatum, very dry and cool, but it did not lose its leaves. I do give it a little water, but that is not enough to keep the media moist for long, it dries up completely (indoor and dry winter homes)

awesome!

Hey do all Catasetum have to lose their leaves? I have my Mo. Painted Desert x Ctsm. fimbriatum, very dry and cool, but it did not lose its leaves. I do give it a little water, but that is not enough to keep the media moist for long, it dries up completely (indoor and dry winter homes)

Normally yes, but not always at the time when one would expect it :))) some plants even try to grow continuosly without a pause, if the conditions are adequate... would not worry too much if your plant is not doing it, as long as it is still growing or has grown strong (especially your plant is a complex hybrid, so it can do whatever possible :D)

Latest posts

Back