Would appreciate your help!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Her best friend blew a stop sign 2 weeks ago and got caught($500 ticket) plus a ding on her record that will likely up her insurance rate. And 2 nights ago, the same friend pulled into the family parking garage and was distracted by flirting with her boyfriend and hit the garage wall. This flipped the side mirror into the car and smashed out the window and crushed the mirror. Probably another $500. No texting involved. Imagine the odds of destruction when you throw another ball into the juggling loop? Ack.

No kidding!

...And this is why I am not too disappointed that the kid in our household, who is 16, doesn't seem to want to work on learning to drive so we sold my car, which would have been hers had she wanted to work to pay the insurance. She can find her own transportation when she's ready.

How does the Lugo kid get all her votes?
'cause she's first & if people look & like they go no further??
I voted yesterday, just clicked on & voted & message said Thanks for voting, this one recieved the maximum allowed votes???? So how does Lugo go over 2,000 and Jordan was at 120ish?

Yes, we're limited to one vote per day. I *think* the voting software keeps tally of the IP addresses so that you can only vote once per day. I suspect that the person mentioned with a huge amount of votes has found a way to bypass this fail safe. I hate to use the word "cheating" so maybe there are 20 kids in her family and they've spread the word. But, there are also ways to create systems to automatically vote(like sometimes used for American Idol) that may bypass the IP address check somehow. I just hope she can get to judging and that it's objective...maybe she stands a chance that way:>

No kidding!

...And this is why I am not too disappointed that the kid in our household, who is 16, doesn't seem to want to work on learning to drive so we sold my car, which would have been hers had she wanted to work to pay the insurance. She can find her own transportation when she's ready.

This same friend of my daughters has credit cards in her name (of course her parent's account) and will be getting a car soon. All expenses paid. My daughter thinks we're harsh because we've told her she can take the bus and ride her bike if need be at SLO.

What a nice gift that would have been, Heather. I had to work a part time job all the way through high school to buy my car and pay for insurance. I would have loved your car!!!! I could only afford a vomit colored Dodge Dart!

What a nice gift that would have been, Heather. I had to work a part time job all the way through high school to buy my car and pay for insurance. I would have loved your car!!!! I could only afford a vomit colored Dodge Dart!

I never had parents rich enough to take me to the movies or even to a restaurant. I got my first bicycle at about 14 years old. Bought my first car at 29 (AMC Pacer new. Nice car but the biggest turd I was ever connected with.) Everything I ever had I paid for myself. I even put myself through university. Got a very good job because I worked hard and for peanuts for a long time and stayed in touch with the right people.

I believe things are better now overall but our society would not last long without easy access to credit. :)

Latest posts

Back