Wine monitor

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trithor

Chico (..... the clown)
Reaction score
Even lizards enjoy wine! On Saturday evening I went into the wine cellar to get a bottle for the table, to find that this Rock monitor (leguaan) had the same idea.

... and by the following morning he was curled in the corner of the dining room, way easier to chase him out the door from here!

Yes, they do bite, and they don't let go, just thrash about until you lose a big chunk of yourself. Generally biting isn't needed. They will just whip you with their tail. That is normally ample to deter further contact.

On his journey from the wine cellar to the dining room he stopped in the kitchen and ate my 6-pack of eggs from the counter top by the stove. These are incredibly good climbers. As Autumn approaches, we find often find them trying to make a winter burrow in the top apex of the house thatch roof. Often the first indicator of them taking up residence is a pile of thatching grass on the lounge floor.
This is a smallish one measuring around 1,2m. They climb vertical surfaces like house walls and trees with ease.
Ray, :rollhappy: too true!

On his journey from the wine cellar to the dining room he stopped in the kitchen and ate my 6-pack of eggs from the counter top by the stove. This is a smallish one measuring around 1,2m. They climb vertical surfaces like house walls and trees with ease.

No way! :eek:

Latest posts

Back