Wild (and semi-wild) orchids from Venezuela...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kavanaru

Before my holidays I promised I would take as many pictures as possible from wild orchids... The weather was a bit weird this year in Venezuela and the blooming season of many plants was delayed, e.g. Catasetum discolor and Epidendrum carpophorum (one yone plant of each in bloom!! by mid August they normally cover large parts of La Gran Sabana with their flowers) However, I think that catching over 30 species in two weeks is not a bad record :D (keep in mind I was travelling with family and friends and was not always allowed to go off-road searching for orchids).

Unfortunatelly, I could not find Phragmipedium klotzschianum this time. Two out of three places I knew where significant populations of this species are present, were closed to the public. The third location has been affected so strongly by tourists that this species has had no chance to survive.

ok, and now the pictures... This time you need to do your own homework :poke: Too many pictures to be placed here one by one, so I decided to better add the link to the corresponding set in my Flickr Website :) I hope you enjoy the pictures... Comments are welcome, and if you by chance can identify any of the plants I could not identify, I would appreciate very very much your feedback :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28895012@N08/sets/72157622342275490/

Enjoy!!

Love your photos Kavanaru- I can't wait for climate change! The garden state would look great with all those species growing here.

Wow!!!! Thanks for this great show!!!! Lots of beautiful orchids in-situ:clap:!!! I esp. liked the catts (of course:)), Sobralias, Brassavola, Epidendrums, Pleuros ..... ! Jean

Latest posts

Back