Where I live & Fire Problems

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy

Reaction score
Back in the Summer 2006 there was a large wildfire burning in my area. The photos here show,
#1 My house at top of Pic and the how close the fire came, fortunately stopped by the fire fighters. The photo is taken from the nearby mountains which as I have indicated are burnt.
The second pic is taken from a different spot to the first but facing up the valley ( bottom right of 1st pic ) and before the fire. Apart from the actual town ( & the lake ) everything else was burnt and is still yet to recover in many parts.
Nearus.jpg

index_001_001-10.jpg

You are lucky! When the vegetation returns, your scenery will be spectacular!

That's what I was thinking too.:D Or have you been in long term drought?

I used to live in So California which likes to burn on a fairly regular basis. Along with the earthquakes. The risk is constant.

Now in Tennessee I just get to live in fear of tornadoes!

That's what I was thinking too.:D Or have you been in long term drought?

I used to live in So California which likes to burn on a fairly regular basis. Along with the earthquakes. The risk is constant.

Now in Tennessee I just get to live in fear of tornadoes!

Rick, we are still generally in a 10 year drought situation. We have had some rain as has the rest of the state but its only patchy. Some areas have had lots of rain, other very little.
For the native orchid lovers, we have one of the widest selection of terrestrial orchids in the country, hopefully they have survived.

Wow! Thank goodness it was stopped before it reached you! The weather here has been amazingly scary this year. Fires, floods, tornadoes....just crazy. Give me Massachusetts or give me death!

Glad you made it though, Roy, and hopefully all will be restored eventually. We had a microburst (small tornado like thing) where I lived a few years ago and it ripped up trees along a creek and completely changed the trail system but it is coming back nicely. I like to go back every year and see how things have progressed.

Latest posts

Back