What's your favorite slipper orchid genera?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite slipper orchid genus?

• Total voters

The Orchid Boy

Reaction score
What is everyone's favorite slipper orchid genera, and what is your favorite orchid in that genera?

My favorite is paphiopedilum and my favorite orchid is Paph. sanderianum, with Paph. delenatii and Paph. Sacagawea's Slippers close behind.

paphiopedilum! all paphiopedilums. I like phrags, but they are repetitive. just give me a bessea and a caudatum, and I have enough.

though I love going out and taking pictures of our nearby cypripediums, I think I like mexipedium because it's just very cool with those thick, waxy leaves and tiny white flowers

I wish I knew of a location in Nebraska to see cypripediums in bloom or just see the plants. I have an empty bonsai pot and I was thinking "What could fill this pot with?" Then I thought a mexipedium would be great. An excuse to get another orchid.

I love cochlos, P. liemianum is my favorite. i also love P. acmodontum, my favorite Barbata paph.

Phrags, phrags, phrags...and some paphs. My favorite is the one that is about to flower for the first time.

my best list or better wishlist.
paphiopedilum:
chamberlain
rolfei
vanguard
winbell
daisy barclay
in charm miracle
glaucophyllum
transvaal
donsan wince
hiro zeppelin
delrosi
woluwense
darling
yellow tiger
iantha stage
(anna)

Well, Paph is my favourite genus and I'll have to say that OUT of bloom, the barbata group is number one, IN bloom, however, it gets a bit trickier since I, A) haven't bloomed that many Paphs yet, and B) I've never seen a multiflora Paph in bloom... EVER. So I have something to look forward to, in other words. ;)

Of the ones that I've bloomed so far, my favourite ones are my cerveranum and my purpuratum.
:smitten:

Latest posts

Back