whatisit?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
was out looking for native orchids the other day, and found some of these instead! .. very close macro shot (maybe slightly shaky)

can any guess what it is? a very friendly pat on the back to the winner :D

whatisit1011a.JPG

I'm not sure what it's latin name is, but here's a large pic of the same cluster.
it could be either turkey tail or false turkey tail bracket fungus. it really is very thin!

turkeytail1011a.JPG

and about a month ago we were not far from this spot and saw this on a very large, fallen sugar maple

turkeytail911a.JPG

there were quite a few of this variety, and the edges really were bright purple, very beautiful!

the other day, we also found a few of these 'jelly fungus' on another tree nearby. I don't think I've seen these before!

jellyfungus1011a.JPG

this area was loaded with different fungi a month ago, pics I still have to edit and upload

Nice shots...!!!

I have seen similar fungi here too. Especially the first ones (remind me of achate formations). The one in the last pic is like a squashed red coloured grape.

It grows on/in my mounts...no harm to the plants though-at lest not during the three-four years I have had it.:D

Latest posts

Back