Weeksend's highlight

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labskaus

Reaction score
I visited my nearest orchid nursery on Saturday and saw a few nice slippers in bloom, these were not for sale, but definitely my personal highlight:

20081103-133927-593.jpg
bildercache_80x15.gif

Left, Paph. helenae f. aureum, middle Paph. tranlienianum, background right, Paph. tranlienianum f alboviride.

Sorry for the bad pic. The tranlienianum in the middle was HUGE, and a tetraploid according to Mr. Popow. Certainly by far the biggest I've seen and this guy even had quite a good colour and a good form (for the species).

These went with me:

Paph. dayanum

Paph. gratrixianum var. daoense. I couldn't resist this lovely dorsal:

I also took seedlings of the albinistic forms of esquirolei (Crystal River FCC x self!), villosum and helenae, and a small Phrag Allison Strohm as well. You'll get pics once they flower, promise.

Cheers, Carsten

Thanx for posting; but you didn't mention which nursery.

Nebojscha Popows nursery in Wolfsburg. With your new passport, you can even go and look at them yourself :poke:

Goldenrose; he didn't sell any of the three in the first pic, that haul was a cure to get over it.
If the tranlienianum looks a bit shiny on the pic, that wasn't the flash, that's saliva dripping fro my mouth.

Cheers, Carsten

the trio on your first pict. is a very pretty one!!!! Looks like I should do the ride to Popow s nursery one day!! Jean

Nice!

I bought a couple of plants from him in the past and they are always excellent as well as reasonably priced.

Unachievable dream,
sigh... sigh...sigh...sigh...sigh...:sob:
Too bad, my cousin no longer lives in Germany, otherwise I would dispatch her promptly for a personal errand

Goldenrose; he didn't sell any of the three in the first pic, that haul was a cure to get over it.
If the tranlienianum looks a bit shiny on the pic, that wasn't the flash, that's saliva dripping fro my mouth.Cheers, Carsten

:rollhappy: I'll take some of what you did -the gratrix. is lovely & "albinistic forms of esquirolei (Crystal River FCC x self!), villosum and helenae"!:drool:

Thanks for the pics. Is Paph. gratrixianum var. daoense a natural variation or a man made variation?

Ed, var. daoense is the name for (some?) of the vietnamese gratrixianum populations with an almost pure white background colour in the dorsal and different spotting pattern. Mine is a large, established plant that looks like it has been in cultivation for many years. I have seen seedlings offered elsewhere, though.

Goldenrose, I'm happy you're happy with my shopping :rollhappy:

Cheers, Carsten

Paph. henryanum forma album , Popow nursery
image001fy7.jpg

Paph. tranlienianum forma album, Popow nursery
tranlienianumiq3.jpg

Latest posts

Back