wardii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

A nice reliable bloomer for me! This clone is 'Magnifico' x sib.
012.jpg

Oh, it's lovely!

Is it a very big plant? I'm curious because I have a small plant with six or seven leaves, and I'm wondering if it's big enough to bloom...

This photo reminds me I need to get a replacement wardii from Orchid Inn. It got fried from the heatpack used in shipment last year. Waaaa. Yours is lovely.

Oh, it's lovely!
Is it a very big plant? I'm curious because I have a small plant with six or seven leaves, and I'm wondering if it's big enough to bloom...
My plant is 4 growths, each growth having 3 leaves each, rather pitiful looking compared to the other paphs I've been posting! With your description, I will not be posting a full plant shot & yes I would say yours is big enough to bloom!

Congrats for flowering your wardii - it's a beautiful one and I like this species. Unfortunately by now it's has been one of the most difficult species for me to grow and to be honest I don't really know the reason why. Only P. wardii f. album grows in a reasonably way.
Best regards from Germany, rudolf

That's unfortunate Rudolf, I wonder if it's the individual plant you have? I'd try a different one. I have to watch this one for mealies, otherwise it's rather easy maintanence, low light - non demanding!

Very nice! I should see if my seedling is growing or dying :( I love this species and probably should invest in a bigger plant or a couple more seedlings....

Back