Want to see Chlorosis?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Chris

I bought this Sukhakulii (York AM/AOS) with 4 growths for only $20 on account of it having chlorosis. The previous owner explained it was a victim of improper fertilization. If you've never seen a good example of this condition, enjoy:

It is limited to only the older leaves; leaves which grower after the fertilization issue was corrected have not been affected. I suspect the plant could be divided and you'd never know its former self was afflicted.

Those are good points about fertilizer causing brown tips, not white blotches. If I had that information when I bought the plant, I would have questioned the type of fertilization error the seller was referencing.

At any rate, the newest leaves are large at this point and likely to produce a new flower. They are not (yet?) affected, but I will let you know if anything changes.

Thanks,
Chris

i disagree about that being chlorosis. as i know it, it is usually a uniform yellowing in the lowest leaves, if there is a nitrogen deficiency. i think leaf tip burn is often from over fertilizing.

Latest posts

Back