Visitor

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

cdub

Found this visitor at my outdoor grow area before I started watering this morning. The interesting thing is, there are no trees near my grow area. This frog either made one heck of a leap from the house gutter, or he walked across my lawn from the nearest tree 100 ft way just to check out my paphs!

treefrog2.jpg
treefrog1.jpg

What a distinguished looking little frog. And s/he definitely has good taste in plants! :)

Yep. Grey Treefrog. I kept a male and a female in an enclosure one summer when I was in high school. The calls the males make are LOUD! It would keep me up some nights. This one was very calm, let me pick it up and check it out without need to flee. Must have found better hunting grounds, because it was gone in the evening.

that's a really pretty grey. we have both species around here and most individuals are more greenish. Do these have a lot of the yellow flash colors inside their thighs too? Thanks.

Forrest

that's a really pretty grey. we have both species around here and most individuals are more greenish. Do these have a lot of the yellow flash colors inside their thighs too? Thanks.

Forrest

Yes, Forrest. This one did have the bright yellow inner thigh color.

Latest posts

Back