victoria regina

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely! When does one repot an orchid that can bloom for over a year on end?
You don't repot any plant unless it needs to...It is just a myth that you have to repot Paphs every year or even more often...I have plants in the same growing medium for 3-4 years and they are doing fine.
In this case(a sequential bloomer), and if you have to repot it because the growing medium is rotting and threatening the health of the plant, go ahead as soon as the flower starts to fade but keep the spike...

You don't repot any plant unless it needs to...It is just a myth that you have to repot Paphs every year or even more often...I have plants in the same growing medium for 3-4 years and they are doing fine.
In this case(a sequential bloomer), and if you have to repot it because the growing medium is rotting and threatening the health of the plant, go ahead as soon as the flower starts to fade but keep the spike...

I go 3 years in Orchiata, then it is definitely time.

Lovely! When does one repot an orchid that can bloom for over a year on end?
Not while it is in flower...if in urgent need of repotting, I would cut the flower stem, repot, and patiently wait for the next growth/flowering. But as indicated by others in the thread, most often repotting can wait till after flowering!

Latest posts

Back