Very fragrant phal hybrid

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

orchideya

I didn't dare to put name in the title because it goes like this
Phal. Chang Maw Evergreen 'U-Bix' x P. {Tzu Chiang Litlitz x P. (Buena Jewel x Peach State Red)} x P. (Su-An Super Star x George Vasquez) :)

phal_hybrid.jpg

phal_hybrid2.jpg

phal_hybrid3.jpg

Oh my!! I don't care about the name, I'd still like to have that phal!! :D

Very nice.

I had two phals with similar waxy flowers.

One was a Violica (sp?) and the other was a Mini Mark... Both were quite tiny but reliable bloomers that lasted at least 8 weeks.

I love the Phal! To be honest, I didn't read the full name though :D

One was a Violica (sp?) and the other was a Mini Mark... Both were quite tiny but reliable bloomers that lasted at least 8 weeks.

I think you mean Phal. violacea :) They're one of my favorite phals.

Ooooo outstanding and fragrant! I love the smell of Phals.
Can you describe the fragrance just a bit? Citrus, sweet?

It is like bellina but a bit sweeter and more calm. This plant has a brother, its flower has the similar shape and same fragrance and that wet shine , but color is solid yellow.

This is an old picture from 2013:

phal_chang_maw_evergreen_cross.jpg

I really like both of them.

Looks Great! I love fragrant Phalaenopsis.

I can make the name a little shorter for you :)

Phal.(Buena Jewel x Peach State Red) = Phal. Hanna's Little Star
Phal. (Su-An Super Star x George Vasquez) = Phal. Matou Glory

SO, your hybrid is:

Phal. Chang Maw Evergreen 'U-Bix' x P. (Tzu Chiang Litlitz x P. Hanna's Little Star) x P. Matou Glory

Now when it is written that way, it is unclear what the parents are. it can either be:

Phal. Chang Maw Evergreen 'U-Bix' x P. (Tzu Chiang Litlitz x P. Hanna's Little Star) for one parent,

and the other parent is P. Matou Glory,

which will make your hybrid:

Phal. [Chang Maw Evergreen 'U-Bix' x P. (Tzu Chiang Litlitz x P. Hanna's Little Star)] x [P. Matou Glory]

or if one parent is Phal. Chang Maw Evergreen 'U-Bix' and the other parent is
P. [(Tzu Chiang Litlitz x P. Hanna's Little Star) x P. Matou Glory]

then your hybrid is:
Phal. [Chang Maw Evergreen 'U-Bix'] x [P. (Tzu Chiang Litlitz x P. Hanna's Little Star) x P. Matou Glory]

btw, that is one of my pet peeves when hybridizers, don't register their crosses!
Robert

Back