Vendors that offer seed propogated or rescued Cypripedium

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

E

EcoNative

Hey everyone, I'm new to these forums. I began gardening with cyps a few years ago and wanted to begin to expand my collection and was wondering if anyone new of any places that sell cyps in Ontario?

likespaphs

some call me brian
Reaction score
hi and welcome to SlipperTalk
you may want to go to the Greetings and Salutations area and introduce yourself and ask there
there may be a better response there as this is a friendly group, but some folks may not see this here....

kitfox

Reaction score
If you are in the warmer parts of the US and want to try nursery propagated species and hybrids, talk to them...Zone 8a:

Pretty amazing nursery and gardens that as Tony Avent's legacy will become part of NC State University's botanical holdings.

Linus_Cello

Reaction score
If you are in the warmer parts of the US and want to try nursery propagated species and hybrids, talk to them...Zone 8a:

Pretty amazing nursery and gardens that as Tony Avent's legacy will become part of NC State University's botanical holdings.
Yes, PD is a great nursery. But my first go-to for cyps is GPH:
gardensatposthill.net/

sergeharvey

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new to these forums. I began gardening with cyps a few years ago and wanted to begin to expand my collection and was wondering if anyone new of any places that sell cyps in Ontario?
Garden Slippers in Calgary is probably the best. I've dropped a fortune there....

Silverwhisp

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
If you go to Gardens at Post Hill website it says;
“Permanently Closed”.
Here’s what their home page says:
We have closed our commercial orchid nursery in Connecticut since we have moved to the Seattle Washington area. We will continue to propagate orchids as dedicated (and perhaps addicted) hobbyists, with a focus on making new hybrids and we will list surplus plants in the Spring and Fall when we have excess plants available.