Two Hillsview complex paphs.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here are photos of two of Theresa's complex paphs. that I purchased in bud at the Slipper Forum in Florida in early Nov. of this year.

131PaphDonEggerZebra.jpg

As you can see the first one is Paph. Don Egger 'Zebra' The cross is (Dundan York 'Southard' AM/AOS x Spotgledn 'Doodlebug' HCC/AOS. In the photo you can't see why I gave it the clonal name of Zebra. The angle of the camera has the pouch covering the stripes on the ventral sepal.

Next up is Paph. Magic Mountain which is made up of (Peter Black 'Emerald' AM/AOS x Denehurst 'Surprise' AM/RHS. This one opened a green and turned yellow. It has a 13.5 natural spread.

130PaphMagicMountain.jpg

Most of the complex paphs. that come out of Hillsview has very strong and tall spikes. It is my understanding that Theresa grows for the wholesale and local markets. I may be mistaken, but I believe that she has only been breeding paphs. for a few years and is already showing lots of promise. She is the women to watch in the years to come. If she had the time and sets her mind to it, she will be the next Sam, of Orchid Inn.

Yeaa Theresa!! The blooms are beautiful!! Eyecandy for sure!! Good growing and great photos! Thanks for showing us!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jean, yes indeed it is c.m.'s. It's a big one. Only wish it was rounder and not so open. Her plants are hugh. The leave spans are hugh.

Rick, I only bought 3 plants in bud. The other one was also a Don Egger. I didn't take a photo of that due to I got water in the flower and ruined it.

Back