Tolumnias

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Missing photo
P3241163.jpg

My tolumnia's would move out if they saw these photos of your plants! :(

Something to strive for right?
This one is truly my favourite...what is it?

Very nice Eric! Do you have the names of the two spotty ones (the very last one and the last one in the first post)?

The last one is [Tag: SAV2119] Rdcm. Orchidom Red Love x Onc. Aleka 'Peaches' HCC/AOS,. from our own Rob "Lil frog farms". The other I don't know. :(

Fragrant Tolumnias

Does anyone have experience with the fragrant Tolumnias, such as Tol. sylvestris and Tol. variegata? There are probably others that I don't know about. I just bought the two I mentioned, and they seem different from the regular, nonfragrant Tolumnias. For one thing, they're even tinier! For another, they seem to continually produce new growths, as if they were cloning themselves, especially the sylvestris. They look happy and healthy, but I would really love any advice on how to grow, and especially how to bloom them.

From my experience that's pretty normal, but, many of my Tolumnias came from a friend who didn't know their names.
My Tol.'s are some of the saddest looking things too, but they keep on trying...and are always in flower. You'd think they'd spend their energy on other things, but no.

A lot of mine rebloom on the old growths. If you cut the inflourence [sic] after the blooms die it shoud try to propogate vegetatively. Also, they like fertilizer!
BTW-Orchids Ltd. currently has some species in bloom for sale.

Back