Todays trip: Orchideen Holm

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Marc

I'm having quite an enjoyable week. Today I had the oppurtunity to visit Orchideen Holm located close to the city Kleve in Germany.

http://www.orchideen-holm.de/

The nursery does alot of their own hybridising and also production of various orchid species. They currently don't have a lab but they do grow the young plants as they are moved out of the bottles.

I never visisted this nursery before and I was quite looking forward to the visit. It was a 1 hour drive to get there and I can honestly say that I was very pleasantly surprised. I'll start of this topic with some photo's I made to give you all an impression of the nursery.

This was a table with a lot of Paphs and Phrags, unfortunately they didn't have as much slippers as I would like to see but still an intersting table with some nice flowers on them.
Impression1.jpg

The following shots are from the same greenhouse, it's the biggest orchid greenhouse I've visited so far, and it's actually filled with very interesting plants.
Impression2-1.jpg

Impression2.jpg

Another greenhouse about the same size as the one I showed before but mostly filled with various Phallies.

Impression4.jpg

A nice collection of various block mounted plants.
Impression3.jpg

Lot's of Tillandsia's.
Impression5.jpg

A large section with various types of Pleurotaloide's.
Pleurotaloide.jpg

In the coming 5 or so posts I'll post more pictures as I uploaded about 45 so please wait with replying untill I'm done. It will be greatly apreciated. :D

I'll start of with sharing pictures of the Bulbo's I saw in flower. I don't have all the names but surely someone here can help me out.

Bulbophyllum carunculatum
Bulbophyllum1.jpg

Bulbophyllum echinolabium ( I've seen this plant before and it sure is a stinker! )
Bulbophyllum2.jpg

Bulbophyllum 3
Bulbophyllum3.jpg

Bulbophyllum carunculatum
Bulbophyllumcarunculatum.jpg

Bulbophyllum miniatum
Bulbophyllumminiatum.jpg

There were Cattleya's as well

Cattleya aclandiae
cattleyaaclandiae.jpg

Cattleya forbesii alba
cattleyaforbesiialba1.jpg

Lot's of Cattleya forbesii alba
cattleyaforbesiialba2lotsofthem.jpg

Cattleya guttata
Cattleyaguttata.jpg

More to follow in a few minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lot's of Dendrobium's as well.

Dendrobium maccarthiae
Dandrobiummaccarthiae.jpg

Dendrobium bracteosum
Dendrobiumbracteosum.jpg

IMG_1253.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

Dendrobium cuthbertsonii ( I really love these little buggers! )
dendrobiumcuthbertsonii1.jpg

dendrobiumcuthbertsonii2.jpg

Dendrobium laevifolium
IMG_1261.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

Epidendrum ciliare
Epidendrumciliare.jpg

Epigenium nakahare ( same species as I showed in the Schwerte thread but a very different colour. )
Epigeniumnakahare.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
More more more

Haraella odorata
Haraellaodorata.jpg

Miltonia roeblii ( and lot's of them )
Miltoniaroeblii-1.jpg

Pleurothallis sanderae ( lot's of young ones )
Pleurothallissanderae1.jpg

Pleurothallis sanderae ( a very "big" plant)
Pleurothallissanderae2.jpg

Psychilis olivacea
Psychilisolivacea.jpg

Now I'll start with the pictures of the flowers were I didn't take a shot of the label.

IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1210.jpg

IMG_1218.jpg

Detail shot of the plant I showed above.
IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_1228.jpg

I'll finish of this thread with this strange looking plant which I can't recall the name of either.

IMG_1264.jpg

As you can see above it was a very interesting visit for me. I don't know exactly how to order from them over their website but you are able to visit them 5 days a week. If you live in Europe and you ever happen to be in the area it's well worth the visit.

I hope you enjoyed the show and as far as I know it will be the last one for me this week.

Thanks for watching :D

( edit: just counted and I didn't forget posting 1 picture, yay for me!!!! )

Oh yeah of course I didn't go home empty handed, following plants joined my collection today:

Paph. appletonianum ( 1 old growth that allready flowered + 1 new growth )
Dendrobium fleckeri ( should flower next year )
Ceratostylis rubra ( Have to thank Hakone for this one as he showed it in his Schwerte topic )

Thanks for the nice pics. I 've never seen anything from Orchideen Holm before.

Thanks for the nice pics. I 've never seen anything from Orchideen Holm before.

As you live in Germany I can only recomend that you visit them. Both Mr.and Miss Holm and their son Marko were very friendly people and I felt more then welcome. And a visit is trully worthwhile as they have lot's of interesting species and hybrids.

Very nice...

by the way, it is Dendrobium laevifolium, the one you cannot remember the name of ;)

Latest posts

Back