Time to share your yearly Christmas tree

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the wife's collectables and the dust! And it's only part of the c-ables!
Ernie, The Cyp reginae was painted by the daughter of very good friends from Miss. They have an Orchid Business and I bought from them at a show in Austin, TX many years ago.

Here's ours...plain and simple. We also found one of Santas reindeer hanging around....

Attachments

• 2009_1213felixpepsi0013.JPG
    2009_1213felixpepsi0013.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 2009_1213felixpepsi0010.JPG
    2009_1213felixpepsi0010.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 16
Wendy, I don't know about that reindeer. He doesn't look too happy about being the only one! I'm sure he's thinking that sled is too damn big to pull by hiself!

Here's ours. ENJOY...
IMG_2293.jpg

Its finally up!
My husband and I made ourselves felt stockings this year as well! He's not very artistic generally and I am very proud of his stocking.

Attachments

• Tree.jpg
    Tree.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Stockings.jpg
    Stockings.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Green Bird.jpg
    Green Bird.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Silver Bird.jpg
    Silver Bird.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 4
Oh yes...and here is Hermes...

..."If I can't find a reindeer I'll make one instead!"

Attachments

• max.jpg
    max.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 11
an aloha merry christmas from upstate ny

Oh yes...and here is Hermes...
hermes does look like the sled dog in 'grinch'! (though a little less 'happy' and more bemused above)

xmastreefern1.JPG

the ever humble christmas tree-fern (hawaiian variety of course) complete with a little tinsel. the lights were too long and heavy, decided they looked better around the pot. if I could have turned off half the bulbs I would have put them on the stems (tried pulling one bulb, all went out)
xmastreefern2.JPG

close-up of the happy snowman

i'll bet tree ferns would make better christmas trees if they could be lit with tiny battery-powered led's!
all of the little snowman and other small ornaments came from one of my sisters, who I just found out finds all of her stocking-stuffer treasures in the bins at the front of each target store (I'm sure all real shoppers already knew that they were there years ago... ;) )

merry christmas and happy new year to all, and a happy hanukkah as well

I forgot to add one ornament I spied on top of the refrigerator this morning and put on the tree, wanted to add a pic to honor all of the hearty canucks on the forum who put up with even worse weather than we do in upstate ny!

xmastreefern129c.JPG

it's a little ornament/puzzle that my stepfather got last year while visiting his family

Here is ours with presents included. It is 7 am Christmas morning and everyone is still asleep. I'm waiting impatiently to open up my presents. I'm going to have to go and wake my 4 year old daughter up.

Unlike the last fews days where the temperature here has been hovering around the 100oF mark, today is cool and raining. Perfect for a Christmas roast lunch.

Have a good day everyone

David

christmastree.jpg

Latest posts

Back