Time to share your yearly Christmas tree

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candace

Reaction score
Here's ours.

img4622ly.jpg

Our tree; decorated with a bizarre mix of motorcycle, cat, mouse and pig ornaments. :p

IMG_3648.jpg

And our Christmas Cat making a hasty exit after I disturbed her nap session under the tree.

IMG_3627.jpg

how do you keep Rosemary alive indoors thru the winter?

relatively cool/cold room and east windowsill. it would do fine in any windowsill, except last winter I was moving things around and had it sitting in front of one of my grow carts; it wasn't enough light or air, and after drying out a bit too much it did the big grey wilt thing and was dead. I keep them in big pots or at least used to. the key is to keep it just slightly moist but too wet as it will rot. helps to have very sandy soil in the pot and not too big of a pot

Rosemary will root in a cup of water. We have some growing outside. The trees look great!! Our tree will be going up this weekend and will take pic.This is such a nice forum! Feels like home!

Who was the light girl? She's fired! :>

Well, in Light Girl's defense, we are combining x-mas decor households and I left a lot of my white lights with my mom and Kami wanted to use colored, and they'd not had a tree before so we did not have enough. However, the tree is now lit.

~Light girl (redeemed)

Rosemary will root in a cup of water. We have some growing outside.

I had rooted some and given them away, but when I saw that this one was dying out, the slips wouldn't root. they'd probably gotten the signal to abandon ship. my sister has some, so i'll grab some sticks on my next visit and root them. maybe i'll have to put some lights on my hawaiian tree fern!

Rick,

Any Robin Street-Morrises up on those walls? The cyp behind the tree maybe?

If you're going to have a nativity, that's the right one. :) The often-overlooked fourth Magi brought a blooming slipper orchid, ya know!

-Ernie

Nice trees!! Rick- your collections look great! Your house looks ready for Christmas!!

Back