The Neos are coming! The Neos are coming!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice! Can you show us pics of the 'naturalized' ones? Have you seen any in the wild? Do the wild ones show any of the colours that we see in cultivated ones?

Hey Kevin, I've not seen any in the wild locally, although they once grew here. Same goes for Dendrobium moniliforme. Many of the fuukiran have their origins from wild plants, so yes, there are naturally occurring colored flowers. Any of the "kibana fuuran" are hybrids though with Ascocentrum in their history regardless of what people say.

Here are a couple clumps in flower on the plum tree outside my "office" in their full glory right now:

NaturalizedFuuran.jpg

They look amazing. I love the ones on the plum tree, what a treat to have these growing 'wild'.

Hey Kevin, I've not seen any in the wild locally, although they once grew here. Same goes for Dendrobium moniliforme. Many of the fuukiran have their origins from wild plants, so yes, there are naturally occurring colored flowers. Any of the "kibana fuuran" are hybrids though with Ascocentrum in their history regardless of what people say.

Here are a couple clumps in flower on the plum tree outside my "office" in their full glory right now:

Thanks! That's the best way to display orchids! I think I'm going to try mine mounted. When I prune our apple tree, maybe I'll use small branches from that.

Just wondering: if the two species you menitoned used to grow wild near you, if you or others have cultivated ones growing outside, would there be a chance that seeds could germinate and re-populate? The plants would have to be 'pure' species, though, I would assume.

Latest posts

Back