testing the limits of the D850

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty clueless about photography (just look at my past posts) but I thought you want your iso as low as possible?

Again, maybe this is a dumb question.

I'm pretty clueless about photography (just look at my past posts) but I thought you want your iso as low as possible?

Again, maybe this is a dumb question.
In certain instances it can be useful for low light. The picture above doesn't come across as too grainy which is what high ISO often does. Though I suppose if you wanted to make a billboard out of the picture and needed the absolute best resolution possible, you'd want to avoid it more. Usually high ISO is avoided by slowing the shutter speed or adding artificial light (I think). Or if all else fails you take the picture a little dark and lighten it through editing later.
My husband is a professional photographer in his spare time so I'm not necessarily fluent in the stuff, but I've absorbed a little through osmosis (and editing thousands upon thousands of his photos over the years which is why he owes me orchids 🤣)

Last edited:
Back