temperate US platanthera question

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

fbrem

I just dug up my dormant NOID platantheras (something closely related to integrilabia and blephariglottis or a hybrid of the two) that I showed earlier this year and broke the ends off of two tubers. I took them in and washed all the media off. I suppose they are now very prone to rot so should I let them dry completely then put them in a moist container in the fridge, or should I put them directly in the container and fridge before they dry out. They have about 2-3 cm shoots already and it would be nice if I could keep the shoots alive, but ultimately the tubers are most important. I have very little experience with these outside my bog garden, what should I do?

Forrest

I don't have experience with successful Platanthera cultivation, but from my experience with Applectron hymenale, I would not dry the new bulbs out. The shoots will wither and new buds might not develop. Keep them at least lightly damp.

Back