Telipogon collantesii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does he still have it (nanodes medusae)? I had one years ago too (from Ecuagenera). It lasted a couple years. It produced new growths that never got big, and ultimately died without flowering.

I'll have to check though he's moved twice since then and most of his collection has been held and cared for by other people

Thanks for the pics and info, very interesting! Most of us have never even come within miles of a telipogon but I'm sure we would love to see and grow them

Fascinating stuff. I love how the anther cap has an actual hook. I wonder what the pollinator is...

Whatever it is, it must be pretty brave to approach that "business section" of the flower. Scary, wild, fascinating.
Thanks a lot for the tour!

Fascinating stuff. I love how the anther cap has an actual hook. I wonder what the pollinator is...

I agree, pollination biology of orchids is fascinating, but difficult to study... Some paper mentioned that male flies of Tachinidae family for some Telipogon species. But another paper says that they have never seen clear documentation that pollinia get successfully deposited by the pseudo copulation of these flies, so I guess we don't know yet.

Latest posts

Back