Spring is here

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think dandelions are actually an invasive plant that came over with the pilgrims, but i could very easily be very wrong....

Some here eat as salat, even you can buy now special seeds which are not so bitter.
You have to put a dark think over it, so the leaves get really light, then it taste not that bad.

Liriodendrun tulipifera is the tallest native tree east of the Mississippi in the USA.
Tulip Poplar of the midwest US is much loved by cabinet makers for is wood. A storm knock one down on my sister's property in southern Illinois, the tree was huge, straight with no branches until the very top. The logging company hired to haul it away cut the main trunk into bolts, they got 180 feet of bolts greater than 24 inches in diameter. The base of the tree was over 6 feet in diameter. We figure from root to crown the tree was about 225 feet tall, and that is not a record for the species. Most impressive tree, and its a member of the magnolia family to boot.

Latest posts

Back