• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

specimen Paph.thaianum with 7 flowers for sale

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if I mail you some restricted/illegal plants form another country you can get arrested?

Andy Phillips was but he also owns a large business. I believe he said the fine was $35,000 and the lawyer fee to fight it would have been 50,000. If I'm not mistaken, he paid it.

So if I mail you some restricted/illegal plants form another country you can get arrested?

Yes.
Reciept is a violation because you imported the plants without proper CITES permits.
It's also a violation of the Lacey Act. So there are multiple counts for one event.
Under the Lacey Act you may have all the proper permits to import but if the exporter makes an error with his export permits you are in violation even if you never touch the plants.
It's not based on value it's based on the act.

Yes.
Reciept is a violation because you imported the plants without proper CITES permits.
It's also a violation of the Lacey Act. So there are multiple counts for one event.
Under the Lacey Act you may have all the proper permits to import but if the exporter makes an error with his export permits you are in violation even if you never touch the plants.
It's not based on value it's based on the act.

So, if I mail you plants, no payment or request, and they are not CITES/ Lacy Act, etc. approved or documented you can get arrested and fined? Read carefully.

I think we need a new thread for this. Back to side tracking, but at least the plant for sale here keeps on getting exposure to people, though! If any positive. lol
Sorry to add on here with unrelated thing to the original purpose, but I read that article in the link shared above, what a terrible story!
They need to change and come up with something better.
Poor guy.

I just heard from a prominent orchid vendor that CITES does not apply to Germany (or at least didn't until recently??) and that one does not need things signed off of there?!?! I was told that is how so many German breeders get their hands on rare species.

Truth?

Oh simmer down... we are keeping the thread at the top and active for ya! :p
Besides if you would ship it to Merca' I would have bought it a week ago!!!

Of course. This isn't my thread any more. Thank's for hijacking guys! I'm not amused.

It is a forum bud... shouldn't let something so trivial get you so wound up. Life is a bit too short.

Latest posts

Back