soon to be Mrs. Paph :)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mrs. Paph

So, since starting to plan my upcoming wedding, I realized recently that I perhaps didn't pick the best username :rollhappy: I've had Miss Paph as part of email addresses for years now, since before I met my fiance, but now it leaves me wondering, can I file for a name change for the forum too and be Mrs. Paph after the wedding in April?? LOL
My fiance isn't a plant person himself (he's a mechanical engineer, so my facination with relatively imoble objects confuses him a little), but he gets bonus points for listening to me talk plants, and saying that we'll plan to save for a greenhouse, with a small indoor water feature included :D

Congratulations!!:clap:
Just get him involved w/ the R.O. system, ultrasonic foggers, and maybe a moving track lighting system and he'll be caught up for sure.

Sweet! Thanks Heather :) Mrs. Paph would be plenty long, I actually only put in the full spelling b/c when I got my email address, the shorter version was already taken:rollhappy:I figured it would already have been used here too, so I just tried the full spelling the first time. I'll PM you in April then for the change:p

And yes, it seems though the plants don't do much for him, the mechanization of the future greenhouse does! He's been brainstorming and looking up plans and different energy sources and says he's going to wire the whole thing to control, monitor, and report constantly on the greenhouse conditions on a local network site - really I only need alerts if something goes out of the expected temp range and such, but he wants temperature & humidity graphs that update throughout the day, and is considering light level monitoring and other things like a 'grow-cam' webcam sort of thing! I'm probably going to end up w/ a robo-greenhouse by the time he's done with it, but he really wants to have it as a hobby project, so it should work out rather nicely! One building, two hobbies:D

Congratulations. I could only laugh reading everyone's spin on the Engineer. Im an Engineering Technician by trade, and work in a lab with Engineers. We can be a difficult bunch.

When you said your greenhouse would include a 'small indoor water feature', my imagination took off. What you made sound so small and simple, will turn into a 5 year project in itself. It could end up larger than the greenhouse. Think mini hydroelectric dam / water feature.

Think mini hydroelectric dam / water feature.

Uh Oh! You're probably right!!! :rollhappy: Should be interesting though! A 'little' pond project back at my parents home ended up w/ a waterfall down a crack in a large upthrust of pink quartz that fills automatically from the creek running nearby when the pond gets low, w/ wood decking around the sides, and completed with a yellow minnesota waterlily I waded in after...so I'm no stranger to projects that take longer than planned, but the process is almost as fun as the result sometimes!

I'm an ET also. Maybe that's what little Miss "one of those" should be looking for, as ET's are generally not as strictly minded and generally have larger boundaries. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back